The Return of Marvel Legends...

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Marvel . . . at the sight of Marvel Comics-related Merch

Postby dayraven » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:54 pm

th problem i'm hearing on the val/hulk pack is, every one is knocking on valk, but no one is appropriately gushing on hulk. oh well...

dude, as far as the HML BAF's go, i think they did two really well, minus a paint wash, namely anhilius and triple F. foom is just stout, and the sculpt/articulation easily hold par against the TB BAFs, and anhy is small, but a totally sweet sculpt that could have been cooler w/ a nice couple of paint washes. the others BLEW goats. but i'm biased, as i hated the hasbro changes, but love marvel characters... i'm still anti blech widow because while the face is a vast improvement over the TB one, i like a fargin waist joint!! that under-boob swivel SUCKS out loud, go back to ab crunches and waist swivels for gals. and let's be real, an improvement over the TM black widow ain't hard to do... that doesn't mean she's got a nice face. i will certainly concede that in general, the 4h female uni-face from dcu trumps most of the chick faces in ML... most. but again, the BW/WS pack, the extra heads are not an improvement to me, and the weapons are low grade shlock. the price bump is expected, but kind of dickish.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:15 pm

dayraven wrote:th problem i'm hearing on the val/hulk pack is, every one is knocking on valk, but no one is appropriately gushing on hulk. oh well...

All I know is it made this Hulk fan happy....happy, happy, happy!
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:21 pm

I probably haven't given the Hulk more than a passing glance, but I have a few reasons...

1) I'm a DC fan and more apt to burned out on McG style. The one saving grace his toys have is the uniques like K-Bats, the Electric Supes, the gender-bent World's Finest, Batzarro, etc. I don't really care about McG Batman, Hal Jordan, or Hulk.

2) I don't have the red version, so making a "Sweet pair" out of the two is lost on me (but it would be cool).

3) The FaceOff Hulk was the "perfect" Hulk in my eyes, particularly after I gave him the torn up labcoat from the variant. That's how I see the big guy and I loved having that fig. Though I didn't even keep it when I sold most of my MLs.

The fans of this Hulk seem to love it and I have no specific complaints towards it. I just really wanted Valkyrie and she's right up with the worst of the HMLs and since I'm not the biggest Hulk fan in the universe, that 2pk is the worst of the three.

If they'd bothered to at least paint the eyes like the prototype, it would be worth buying. Maybe I can buy it and send it off to Lay Ze or Baena whose hands are more capable than my own for small details...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:23 am

as a hulk freak, this pack is a must own. and trust me... all but two of the hulk classics/marvel legends hulks are mine... i quality. (oh, and i am still missing the icons hulk, which i want badly, but manage to keep spending the cash on other toys) but yes, buttering up lay-ze or baena's nipples to improve the face is a great idea. 'course, our beloved lil ebon is no slouch either.

i'm just happy that i got three two packs w/ at minimum 1 character i really wanted in each... they've failed on that level before.

but i admit, i refuse to get back into "marvel mode" until i see some of the slated work for the return of single pack ML. they've got some trust to reearn after that brusque brushing off. the ice giant thing and eventually, the masterworks sentinel will lure me back to MU for a brief moment, but i'm a legends lover... and they're got ground to cover. i own all the caps i'm ever going to own, all the spideys, all the wolvies... the "stalwarts" who sell marvel legends. so they're going to HAVE to crank deeper into the roster and hope that marvel fans come out of the woodwork. i'd like a modern luke cage, the wrecking crew, the klaw, and a ulik BAF for the first wave back.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby TSR » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:09 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:3) The FaceOff Hulk was the "perfect" Hulk in my eyes, particularly after I gave him the torn up labcoat from the variant. That's how I see the big guy and I loved having that fig.

Interchangable fists to go with the open hands would have made it 100% perfect. Hulk needs to be able to SMASH!
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 am

I need something big (perhaps something small might work too!) that hasn't been made in ML before to bring me back...
Jim Lee Jean and Jubilee can be a start... A prettier looking Rogue might help. Firestar (Spider-Friends style), Power Pack, Shard, a non-bunny Ultron, Non-Crab Onslaught, Mysterio without action feature, Hammerhead, Kaine (I know Ewww! clone saga, but I kinda like the crazy Pete), Tombstone... There's plenty of characters that I'd like to see... those were from the top of my head. Heck! I'd take a Super poseable PETER PARKER figure... I'd buy two! (The other is to make Ben Reilly) and a Decent Comic Book style MJ and Gwen!

Hasbro has to earn my trust again and Mattel needs to drop the ball a lot before 2012 before I return full swing into ML...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:08 pm

He-Mullet wrote:I need something big (perhaps something small might work too!) that hasn't been made in ML before to bring me back...
Jim Lee Jean and Jubilee can be a start... A prettier looking Rogue might help. Firestar (Spider-Friends style), Power Pack, Shard, a non-bunny Ultron, Non-Crab Onslaught, Mysterio without action feature, Hammerhead, Kaine (I know Ewww! clone saga, but I kinda like the crazy Pete), Tombstone... There's plenty of characters that I'd like to see... those were from the top of my head. Heck! I'd take a Super poseable PETER PARKER figure... I'd buy two! (The other is to make Ben Reilly) and a Decent Comic Book style MJ and Gwen!

Hasbro has to earn my trust again and Mattel needs to drop the ball a lot before 2012 before I return full swing into ML...

dude, what more could mattel possibly do besides ship you a real human fece? seriously. QC complaints, inconsistant ship times, distro problems, and rising costs, i don't know what more they can do to get us to stop buying their product. (speaking of, you know since hasbro is finally getting on the 15 dollar fig train, mattel's going to 18 pretty soon, right? nobody likes to raise prices faster than mattel.) sure, hasbro has some doubts to fix, namely cancellation woes and character selection, but they're shodiest ML fig looks like par for the course for dcu.

i submit, bucky:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_ML_S3_Bucky.asp

vs starman
http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102710a.htm

they could easily be the same toy line... if bucky started flarin' his mold flashing.

just saying, i absolutely agree that hasbro needs to do something to earn back the marvel trust, but mattel is not exactly "keepin' it real" with their offerings either. they've earned minimal continued interest, as far as i can tell, even w/ motuc. i LOVE masters, like no other property out there, and mattel has several times already damned near sent me packing. and may yet...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 pm

TSR wrote:Interchangable fists to go with the open hands would have made it 100% perfect. Hulk needs to be able to SMASH!

:cool: Interchangable is my new favorite word when it comes to toys.

He-Mullet wrote:Hasbro has to earn my trust again and Mattel needs to drop the ball a lot before 2012 before I return full swing into ML...

Yeah, I've got a ton of DC characters (some favorites, some morts) with great 4H/Mattel figures. My ML shelf also features a bunch of my favorite characters, but most of 'em either got less than stellar figures from TB or outright crap figures from Hasbro.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby He-Mullet » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 pm

dayraven wrote:
He-Mullet wrote:I need something big (perhaps something small might work too!) that hasn't been made in ML before to bring me back...

dude, what more could mattel possibly do besides ship you a real human fece? seriously. QC complaints, inconsistant ship times, distro problems, and rising costs, i don't know what more they can do to get us to stop buying their product. (speaking of, you know since hasbro is finally getting on the 15 dollar fig train, mattel's going to 18 pretty soon, right? nobody likes to raise prices faster than mattel.) sure, hasbro has some doubts to fix, namely cancellation woes and character selection, but they're shodiest ML fig looks like par for the course for dcu.

i submit, bucky:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_ML_S3_Bucky.asp

vs starman
http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102710a.htm

they could easily be the same toy line... if bucky started flarin' his mold flashing.

just saying, i absolutely agree that hasbro needs to do something to earn back the marvel trust, but mattel is not exactly "keepin' it real" with their offerings either. they've earned minimal continued interest, as far as i can tell, even w/ motuc. i LOVE masters, like no other property out there, and mattel has several times already damned near sent me packing. and may yet...

I'll admit that the ball has been dropped by Mattel many times. Especially on the DCUC department. Just need a Supes, an Aquaman, a Hawkman, Bane's Wave, a Babs Batgirl, and a WW that can move her legs and I'll call it quits for DCUC (Unless they make Superfirends version of Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog... The jerks will probably make those two SDCC exclusive and Wonder Dog will only bee given to attendees) I refuse to buy Gleek-less wonder Twins or a Wonderdog-less Marvin and Wendy.
To me DCUC is a lost cause.
Unless Mattel screws up MOTUC some more.... (Getting Tired of jumping through hoops to get them MOTUCs) They're doing barely acceptable.

Now if The Barbie division made the Twilight Saga Dolls I want I'd be a happy Camper... Give me a Pregnant Bella/ Renesmee 2 pack... Jane and Tyler's van...
Yes I hate Twilight but love the dolls... They're Way better than NECA did with their action figures.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 pm

He-Mullet wrote:Now if The Barbie division made the Twilight Saga Dolls I want I'd be a happy Camper... Give me a Pregnant Bella/ Renesmee 2 pack... Jane and Tyler's van...
Yes I hate Twilight but love the dolls... They're Way better than NECA did with their action figures.

um... i'm slowly backing away... but not turning my back... did you just say publicly that you like the twilight dolls? cuz i'm going to pretend you didn't.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum