The Return of Marvel Legends...

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Marvel . . . at the sight of Marvel Comics-related Merch

Postby He-Mullet » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:00 am

Yes, yes I did. They've more poseability than the NECA figs. Easier to pose and put them in awkward poses. They blend in Nicely with My small Max Steel collection. (Got Edward as a joke gift. Jacob and Bella soon followed when they went on a BoGo sale... blame my partial self imposed rule of never having only one character from a line.)
Haven't ordered yet from Barbiecollector.com probably the experience is a lot better than ordering from matty. (With Spas and Razzmopolitans with Handsome European Masseuses... OK now I can see why it gets weird...)

At least it's not like I want the Justin Bieber doll... (a Kanye West/Taylor Swift 2 pack maybe, but not the Biebs... I must draw the line somewhere)

Had the NECA figs been more poseable I'd be talking about them instead of the dolls, (until the Wave 2 curse starts)

Back to the topic: Marvel comics stuff.
Hasbro has to win over fans and not deliver an awesome wave one then doing crappy toys.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Ebonhorn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 am

He-Mullet wrote:Haven't ordered yet from Barbiecollector.com probably the experience is a lot better than ordering from matty.

It's super easy to order from there.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm

I think Hasbro should maybe just try to start from scratch with 6" ML.

No more reuse of previous molds, no (excessive) attention paid to who was/wasn't made, etc.

Bring it back as 5-6 figure waves.

See what happens. [smile]
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I think Hasbro should maybe just try to start from scratch with 6" ML.

No more reuse of previous molds, no (excessive) attention paid to who was/wasn't made, etc.

Bring it back as 5-6 figure waves.

See what happens. [smile]

dude, come on... while that's a great pipe dream, it's just not realistic. the library of molds exant for ML has to, at this point, represent millions of dollars of investment. that said, i'd like to see a return to 5 figure waves, four waves a year, and i would like some consideration of past releases already made, cuz i'd like to complete some of the groups we're close on... most notably, classic x-force. no boomer, no feral, no shatterstar, that's all we're missing now (but i can certainly accept them getting staggered out over a couple waves.) maybe a jim lee jean to go w/ the scott, and the roundouts for the modern avengers would be a great start. maybe high evolutionary to make our villain land sing... but i don't need BAFs again, maybe ever, but certainly not right away. i don't need the cheapo comic back, but i'd like the display stands and maybe a dio insert, like what they used for the card for the face-off packs. though i'd prefer a stand w/ a waist clip over the hole in the back we were getting. and then, just make good toys. no soft weapons, no soft limbs, no flashing, adequate paint aps, nice sculpts. i'm willing to stick w/ the modern articulation scheme, no fingers or mid-foot joints necessary, but i'd like women to rejoin men w/ ab crunches and waists. or at least, waist swivel & ball torso. and for god's sake, if they're keeping ball hips, ball-to-thigh ration needs to be maintained at a certain level to maintain functionality and aesthetic. the motucs balls prove balls can be unobtrusively. and even most ML balls, which were much more front and center, were generally reasonable... some were, as noisy has pointed out, out of control and unnecessarily huge, and we don't need that. truth be told, i would mind them going to a jakks style ball& socket ball. i still stand that those hips are the best of all worlds, seamless in aesthetic, realistic in RoM.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:28 pm

BTW, i keep meaning to ask you guys who have some of the 2 pack figs thusfar... how's the QC? aside from paint slop, i can see that stuff, how's the intangibles? joints straight, limbs solid, articulation fluid but not floppy? how does red hulk match up to gree hulk, QC wise? (of note, i refuse to call him McG hulk, as i don't want him directing the next terminator sequel.)
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:31 pm

I just want a move forward, not a look back.

It's been YEARS now for some of those molds, I don't see how they couldn't have improvements.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby TSR » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:45 pm

dayraven wrote:BTW, i keep meaning to ask you guys who have some of the 2 pack figs thusfar... how's the QC? aside from paint slop, i can see that stuff, how's the intangibles? joints straight, limbs solid, articulation fluid but not floppy? how does red hulk match up to gree hulk, QC wise? (of note, i refuse to call him McG hulk, as i don't want him directing the next terminator sequel.)

mine are waiting at home right now from TRU.com
I'll respond tomorrow :)
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:07 pm

He-Mullet wrote:Hasbro has to earn my trust again and Mattel needs to drop the ball a lot before 2012 before I return full swing into ML...

It’s the opposite with me. My track record with Hasbro blows my track record with Mattel out of the water.

My entire Transformer collection is practically flawless. My Iron Man and Iron Man 2 figures are the same way. The few Star Wars and Marvel Universe figures I own have great quality control.

Half my MOTUC collection can’t stand and the last two months I received figures with two of one shoulder.

I can’t speak about Marvel Legends because I don’t own any but if my toy collecting in the last few years shows anything its Mattel that needs to improve considerably. Again this is my past experience.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:59 am

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I just want a move forward, not a look back.

It's been YEARS now for some of those molds, I don't see how they couldn't have improvements.

At least some of the articulation didn't work that well and/or is takes away more aesthetically than it adds in range, so I'm down for newer figures too. I don't want anything incompatible, but TB was already so varied that I think Hasbro can pull it off without causing anything to jarring.

If you look at how they've handled the two-packs so far - there's been very little TB mold us... Reed, Thing, and the Skrull come to mind. The basic Shield buck might be older, I'm not sure.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:11 am

TSR wrote:
dayraven wrote:BTW, i keep meaning to ask you guys who have some of the 2 pack figs thusfar... how's the QC? aside from paint slop, i can see that stuff, how's the intangibles? joints straight, limbs solid, articulation fluid but not floppy? how does red hulk match up to gree hulk, QC wise? (of note, i refuse to call him McG hulk, as i don't want him directing the next terminator sequel.)

mine are waiting at home right now from TRU.com
I'll respond tomorrow :)

I'm pretty pleased with mine. Got the BLACK Widow set and the RED Deadpool set.
My only gripe is the hands. Joints are tight, paint apps are solid, it's just the hands that don't do a good job of holding the weapons.
TSR
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum