Iron Man 2 & Armored Avengers Figures

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Iron Man 2 & Armored Avengers Figures

Postby Scissors » Sun May 29, 2011 12:09 am

Soooo... does anyone have any news on series 2 yet? Crimson Dynamo is starting to show up on Ebay, and I saw a couple of the other Series 2 figures at my local comic store - but no Dynamo.
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Sun May 29, 2011 8:58 pm

keep those eyes peeled, people found titanium man in the brick and mortars before he hit hts, and dynamo is already up on hts.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Mon May 30, 2011 11:01 am

I can see C. Dynamo being much harder to find. Wasn't he more popular than TM?
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon May 30, 2011 8:58 pm

i'm not nearly enough of an iron man fan to make an educated statement on that. but i do know that titanium was pretty damned well recieved by legends fans, and so, by word of mouth alone, yes, dynamo is likely to move better units.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 pm

so, funny note... i ended up pulling the trigger on titanium man from hts, as he was finally in stock again for 10.99, and i found that the storm shadow i was after was likely 5.99... and between the two, WITH shipping factored in, they came out cheaper than paying the TRU markup on both figures. figure that one out. either way, they arrived today, and i must say, i like titanium man, but getting him alongside storm shadow (the desert ninja guy) he comes up short. his accessory really craps out, though the core figure is very nice. i took a break from him pummeling the tick to type this up. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 pm

The Wal-marts in my area got in wave two of the Iron Man legends on Friday.

The first Initiative War Machine I got had terrible joints. The joints literally had no friction at all and would fall over and go limp if you tried to stand him up. The neck and ab joint were the worst culprits. You could shake the figure and they would just flop around. The replacement one’s paint apps weren’t as great but the joint were much better (the head joint was only mildly better).

QC issues I’d watch out for with IWM are the head joint and attaching the cannon. I was able the improve the head joint by cutting two small pieces from the plastic tray and sticking them into each side of the head and cutting off the parts that stuck out. The head was still easier to move than I’d like but it didn’t flop around anymore. Take care when attaching the cannon because I noticed that the piece that allows the cannon the shift back and forward on his shoulder immediately developed a few stress marks. You may need to trim the ball joint to allow the cannon to go on easier. Once you get it on I’d recommend not swiveling the cannon left and right as the cannon still easily pops off.
He’s still a good figure.

Crimson Dynamo is awesome and has great joints but all the CD figs seem to have poor paint apps on the head. Nothing a little paint wouldn’t fix. When I went to get my IWM exchanged all the Crimson Dynamo figures were gone.

Stealth Iron Man is pretty good but I’m a bit disappointed that he has darker colours than what is shown on the card back. If he looked like the card back than all he would need is a few cobra logos and he would make a cool Iron Cobra. Still looks like a cool villain, though.

Overall I’d get them.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 pm

You know, I never saw that wave of 6" figures, but we never got the RDJ head IM either.

We had some "new" IM2 waves starting showing up here this last week. I caved and bought the black/gold Mark V Armor. It's not my favorite sculpt, but I enjoy the colors and the accessories. I wouldn't have been opposed to picking him in 6" instead though.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:27 am

Finally found Crimson Dynamo!

And I left him there... [sweat]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 pm

bad paint? Just didn't care for the figure?
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 am

Sorry, it took me like a week to come back. :oh:

I think he's okay, I just decided I didn't need him. I'm more flush with cash of late (like it's a bad thing, I know...) and it's opened up my abilities to buy more... and I feel like I don't want to get carried away?

It's kind of a "Will I care if I have this in 10 years" crisis. CD just didn't make me feel like it was a toy I was going to care about for all that long.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Previous

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum