Spy Monkey Creations & Modular Accessories

A forum dedicated to the innovative toy lines of tomorrow. Four Horsemen's Fantastic Exclusive & the Outer Space Men, Onell Design's Glyos, ThreeA, & a host of other Designer/Alternative Toys that you need to tell others about...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Spy Monkey Creations & Modular Accessories

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:19 am

Friend of IAT and SMC co-founder, Brian-Man posted this over at the Org and my first instinct was to plaster it all over the front page, but I decided to be good and wait for the official press release. [grin]

Still, I had to at least bring re-post it here on our 7th Market Forum. The possibilities blow my mind:

Brian-Man wrote:We have been crazy busy as of late. SpyMonkey Creations started as a labor of love that has exploded beyond anything the 3 of us ever expected, and it has been an awesome ride.

We closed the store in August to give us the needed time to move into our next phase/evolution of development. We have been working non stop since to make this happen. I'm not going to divulge a whole lot here because we are going to do an official press release in the next month (or 2) once we have our final color samples in hand. When that happens it will be posted (with pictures) on any and every toy site that we are affiliated with. Our goal is to reopen the store in Late January-Mid February.

What I will tell you is that all of our new offerings will be modular weapons. Meaning that each weapon will be made up of anywhere between 3-16 interlocking pieces that will be completely interchangeable with every piece that we make. We have been working very closely with Onell Designs and using their Glyos system of interchangeable joints. This is the exact same system Onell uses on their figure lines and that the 4 Horsemen use on their OUTER SPACE MEN line of figures. That means all of our stuff will work not only with your 6-7" scale action figures, it will work with all of those figures as well.

We are using a mix of PVC pieces and ABS pieces. We are even toying around with doing some vac-metal ABS for our convention and partner exclusives when the time comes. Planned conventions(we'll have a booth or table) for 2012 are Emerald City Comic Con, Power-Con, NYCC, and a few others we will announce once we have them locked. We will be at SDCC but we might not be able to get a table.

In the first drop, we are offering 5 different weapons all in 5 different colorways. They will be offered in sets as well as singles. And since we are mass producing these our production costs have come way down so you'll see that in the price you pay. If you were paying $10 a weapon before you can look forward to paying about half that going forward. There will be even more savings when ordering entire sets. This is one of the things we are most excited about. Getting more out there to more fans at a more manageable price.

What are the weapons? We have some brand new stuff and a few new takes and updates on weapons we offered in resin.

First will be a sword reminiscent of our 1st and last resin pieces. A hybrid of sorts. A mash-up between the Master Blade of the Empyrean and the Sword of Ages. (6 pieces)

Then we have a re-worked version of the Blade of the Demon King. Same blade but with a new twist. (3 pieces)

To that I designed a companion piece that I'm calling the Blade of the Falcon Lord. (3 pieces)

Fourth, will be a shield. But not just any shield. We've taken our signature round domed and studded Shield of Destruction/Deliverance and stepped it up. This bad boy will include a method for you to give even your open handed figures a weapon to wield. (14 pieces)

Fifth and my absolute favorite of the bunch will be something I've wanted to do for a while but was limited by the resin that we used. A war-hammer for the 6-7" scale. Well it's more of a hammer/axe combo like I did for Chalybeous. But the beauty of it is, if that's not your bag you can always buy 2 and swap out the heads to make a true war-hammer and have all the pieces to make a killer battleaxe. For extra badassery on this guy we added several removeable and reconfigureable spikes, a couple of skulls, and an adapter that will allow you to connect any of our new weapons with your Space Pirate, Master Strategist, or Typhoon Tyrant types. (16 pieces)

So that's what you can expect from us when we reopen the store. I can't wait to show you all pictures and all the crazy wicked cool *****in' stuff you can build using the Glyos system with our weapons.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Spy Monkey Creations & Modular Accessories

Postby dayraven » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 am

holy sweet mary crapballs on a silver plated platter... this is just splodable. represent!!!!!!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby DrRampageo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:33 pm

very excited about this!
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Bigbot84 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 pm

I cannot wait to see what they have in store for next year.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Hot damn!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am

dayraven wrote:holy sweet mary crapballs on a silver plated platter... this is just splodable. represent!!!!!!

WHAT HE SAID!!!

SWEET!!!! :eek:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby doctorkent » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:13 am

Adding Glyos to it gives it soooo much more possibility. Can't wait to get some!

John K.
Check out information on my films at http://www.mrpotent.com
doctorkent
Ensign
Ensign

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 am

Teaser posted on the SMC Blog:

Gonna need a night job. [sweat]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am

i thought this was your night job?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 pm

This is my evening job. It doesn't pay well.

I'm so excited I started playing with the graphics... :lol:

I foresee lots of ways for my figures to accidentally injure themselves with SMC weapons. [domo]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Next

Return to The Seventh Market: Emerging Toys Forum