Mythic Legions

A forum dedicated to the innovative toy lines of tomorrow. Four Horsemen's Fantastic Exclusive & the Outer Space Men, Onell Design's Glyos, ThreeA, & a host of other Designer/Alternative Toys that you need to tell others about...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Mythic Legions

Postby dayraven » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Dude, I totally feel that pinch with you. Who has the budget to buy everything they want whenever the urge hits? If you gave it in the budget to save a little now, as you know there will be some stock for store horsemen and they'll be slightly more costly than they are now. I bet, if you guessed your favorites as 40 bucks a pop, when that store listing goes live, you'll be in good stead. They'll be way cheaper on store horsemen than ebay. And now you have some leaf time to know when you'll need the money.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:15 pm

to go mwctoys and check michael's photos, his layout in on point this year. that troll already has done my youngest and i in, we're hooked. damn mythic legions!! [smile] that jezebel, damn her, damn her!! [grin]

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2015/sdcc201 ... rsemen.htm
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:36 am

i'll get some photos later, but yes, i'm very happy with the mythic legions EXCEPT, i don't care for the bios nearly as much as i love the figures. so to that end, i've made a few additions to the mythos part of mythic legions. hope y'all like what i'm up to here:

Attlus the Conqueror, first son of the House of Leosyrr, he was targeted by younger brother Attila when Attila became possessed of the lion spirit. His young wife slain, his house cast into ruin, and sounded defeated in trial by combat, Attlus fled his execution for he recognized that the man before him was no longer his brother. He took up with a witch in the South of Leosyrr lands who promised she could help him drive the spirit from his brother. Instead, she drugged the former prince and sold him into slavery. he was bought by a lanista who forced him onto the sands of the western gladiatorial circuit. his martial skills served him well, but he would have been slain quickly had it not been for the timely intervention of an old dwarf named Bothar Shadowhorn. Bothar was near to winning his rudis, and took pity on the young man he felt was far too young for such a life. he trained the boy in combat and strategy, forging him into a potent arena warrior. when Bothar got the rudis and left to return home, his title was contested in the arena, and it was his protege Attlus who claimed the mantle of champion, and the sobriquet the Bastard Bear. A few years in, Attlus was nearing the rudis himself, and like his mentor, he claimed a pupil in the stable, a minotaur named Asterionn. He and Asterionn became a popular duo in the ring, paired against whole teams of other gladiators or great beasts, but in paired matches, Attlus became frustrated that he could not book fights to claim the rudis. Eventually, he and Attlus led a revolt against their master, and with several former gladiators in tow, formed a mercenary company known as the Bear's Bastards. He takes missions for money, but secretly has been staging his actions to weaken the Leosyrr, working to break alliances, seize farm lands for other nobles, and hurt their recruiting efforts. He hopes to retake his rightful seat at the head of his family, but would like to minimize casualties in so doing. The only death he seeks is his brother's, seeing what has become of his once noble family under the leadership of the cursed king.

Attila Leosyrr- while out hunting one late summer day, Attila was attacked by a mangled old lion who had recently been cast from his pride by a younger male. Attila wounded the beast, but refused to kill it, trying to allow it some dignity to find death in it's own way. Instead, the spiteful old male cursed the boy, attacking his innocence with his final baleful breath. Attila had no head for such things, and rode home feeling strangely, but not suspecting anything. Over the next several days, he was struck ill mysteriously, feverish and delusional. He spent the whole of one day screaming and screaming, and then fell deathly quiet. Just as his family assumed the worst, the boy awoke, a smile on his broad face and mischief in his eyes. What they didn't know was that what awoke was no longer Attila. His soul had been utterly devoured by the aged old lion, and the beast was now the boy. He fashioned for himself a suit of armor resplendent in the lion motif, and his cruelty and evil just seeped into the family ever after. The house servants began having regular accidents, all the family pets were slowly killed off and left lying about. Eventually, his mother took ill, his father was injured in a hunting accident, and the wife of his older brother Attlus was slain by a mute drifter while shopping in the town square. When his brother confronted him and accused him of having a hand in the foul deed, Attila challenged his brother to a ritual duel to determine guilt. Although the lion had been old and weak, he was wise, and paired with the boy's new powerful body, he proved far too much for his brother, and beat him soundly. he sentenced his own brother to hang for losing the duel, but the next morning, the coward had escaped his cell. Attila's father and mother both died not long after, leaving him sole heir to the House of Leosyrr. When he assumed the throne, taxes were raised for everyone, and those who couldn't pay were conscripted into the army or as domestics in the castle. A strange plague has begun to blight the lands of the Leosyrr as well, making it harder and harder for rural families to pay their taxes. Attila gleefully takes sons and daughters from their parents, and they are rarely seen again.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but anyone here into Battle Tribes? I decided to get my feet wet and ordered the green "slime" Ozzian Warrior figure. I wish these weren't $15 a pop, I'd probably have ordered a handful on my first drop. I suppose I could just get the unpainted ones for $10, but I have no desire to customize. All things considered, you're still getting a pretty decent deal --- it's like 6 figures on 1! Plus the folks making them rock, so I definitely want to help support this line!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Sorry man, I know less than jack about the battle trIbe stuff. Knowing the crew behind them, I suspect they're cool, but that play pattern isn't my bag. I like chunky hand filler action figures. And yes, that price point seems kind of ridiculous.

I'm going pretty light on mythic legions 1.75, the figures are cool but nothing because c except for that barbarian knight, who will get added to the roster of the Bear's Bastards. I want the trolls something fierce but I don't live in 100-a-piece-action figureland. I just don't. And, I need to save some scratch for 2.0, as there are several figures there that will require purchase, and the boarriors and the female carpathiae need to be army built.

Fun stupidity, over the past weekend, I filled out a roaster for the entire mercenary comprehensive that Attlus leads, my affectionately named Bear's Bastards, and I have under him 5 commanders, leading 2 companies of infantry, 1 company of infantry, 3 units of war rhinos, one spy network, one squad of mage knights, and a squad of combat engineers. For Ss and Gs, I named them all. I don't intend to ever own figures for the whole company, but, I thought of this as a gaming exercise. I also realized that for the spy network, Attlus knows just under half of the actual roster, and the man who reports to him is NOT their commander. And he pays them double what he thinks he does. Cuz, thieves y'all. I looked at it as a challenge to the old story telling skills, and even offered my kids that if they wanted to roll up characters, i'd game them as new recruits to the Bastards and we'd run stories of that merc company. I figured I'd pull out some classic war stories and run them through a few standards, but obviously change the names. My youngest want intrigued by the oldest was. We'll see how that goes.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:44 am

Is it just me, or does the green, big-nosed troll in the latest wave remind anyone else of Ssslithe?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:07 pm

no, i saw that too. and honestly, for the time being, it may well be as close as anyone gets to one.

those trolls look awesome, and there was an interview with treadaway from toy fair where he mentioned that the trolls are so large, he was able to give them each individual finger prints. that's beyond crazy. i just can't handle that price tag, no matter how cool, it's not in my budget. i'd have to have a wealthy relative die or something to afford the number i'd like, of both trolls.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Yeah, a lot of cool stuff is just beyond my budget these days. I can continue to support MOTUC (when Super7 gets around to it), and get a few TransFormers or Star Wars Black figures, but that's about it.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to The Seventh Market: Emerging Toys Forum