Cinematic Confabulation v2

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Cinematic Confabulation v2

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:28 am

Last night I watched the 1996 made-for-television Doctor Who: The Movie. It was kinda bad. I'm still watching the modern Doctor Who for the first time, I'm at the beginning of the fourth season, but learning a lot about the mythos. I enjoyed the Doctor, but Eric Roberts made a terrible Master.

dayraven wrote:also, if you saw "teeth" and didn't laugh, you don't have a soul.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby manekochan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:21 am

dayraven wrote:
slither was excellent and a lot of fun. i'm really psyched to see the new fright night once that hits DVD (DR learned a while back that colin farrell movies are best enjoyed at less than theater ticket prices). i was just at best buy today and apparently the feast movies are now available in bundle format (they may have been for a while, but i just now found them) and that franchise was damned funny. also, if you saw "teeth" and didn't laugh, you don't have a soul.

I haven't heard good things about Fright Night, sadly, and that was one I wanted to see at the theater so I'm waiting for DVD, too. I've heard Tennant is good in it, though.
I loved the first Feast- haven't seen the others yet; same for the Descent. Also, Teeth is just adorable. :) :love: Though I think I enjoyed it more because I'm a girl. That falls into the same time period that I saw Splinter, Fido, Severance, and Behind the Mask: the tale of Leslie Vernon (too lazy to check the dvd so if that's wrong, sorry) all films that I fell in love with.
I'm not a horror fan; not really. You kind of have to drag me into it kicking and screaming so it's weird when I get a bunch of them in a row that I really just enjoy the crap out of. The key is the humor, I think. Where would any of the movies I mentioned be without the humor? The only one that I really like that isn't funny is The Descent and it's just so suspenseful and nerve-wracking.
Has anyone else seen the New Daughter?
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 am

i have not seen the new daughter yet. that's on "oen of these days" list.

behind the mask was likewise awesome, but i think you kind of have to know your horror movies to get that one, like you had to kind of know your rock and roll to get spinal tap. but yeah, great pic.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby manekochan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Watched Transformers 3 while working at a friend's house.

Heh heh heh. Wow.
Mere seconds before the first shot of Africa (about an hour in, really, I think)-- me: "Everyone thinks this movie is terrible... I wonder where it goes wrong?" Friend of me: "Yeah, I dunno. It's not that bad so far."
Two minutes later Me: "Oh hey, look. It's Chang."
Five minutes later Friend of me: "Wow... I think that was the craziest five minutes of a movie I've ever seen." Me: "Y----eah..."
Rest of movie Friend of me: "It just keeps going, doesn't it?"
More rest of movie Me: "They're still doing that?" (looking up sporadically to find that they are still in a collapsing building.)
More rest of movie Friend of me: "What the **** just happened?" Me: "I honestly don't know what the hell is going on in this movie. I'm not really watching it anymore."

And there you have it.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:31 pm

manekochan wrote:Watched Transformers 3 while working at a friend's house.

Heh heh heh. Wow.
Mere seconds before the first shot of Africa (about an hour in, really, I think)-- me: "Everyone thinks this movie is terrible... I wonder where it goes wrong?" Friend of me: "Yeah, I dunno. It's not that bad so far."
Two minutes later Me: "Oh hey, look. It's Chang."
Five minutes later Friend of me: "Wow... I think that was the craziest five minutes of a movie I've ever seen." Me: "Y----eah..."
Rest of movie Friend of me: "It just keeps going, doesn't it?"
More rest of movie Me: "They're still doing that?" (looking up sporadically to find that they are still in a collapsing building.)
More rest of movie Friend of me: "What the **** just happened?" Me: "I honestly don't know what the hell is going on in this movie. I'm not really watching it anymore."

And there you have it.

we just watched it this weekend as well. my thoughts, i like it better than 2, but not by much. the girl was literally eye candy, and kind of failed at that too... megan fox may suck as an actress, but she's poses on a car well. my wife's big comment for the sum up moment after the film? "wait, she was wearing heels for that entire thing? what a load of crap."
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:14 pm

oh lordy, we sat down to 13 assassins the other day... man was that awesome. directed by miike san, and it was flat out incredible. i'm a big fan of akira kurosawa, and this had a fantastic 7 samurai feel (though it fell just a tad short of that particular benchmark)... it was incredible, the perfect pacing, perfect acting, incredible action, and great drama. it was excellent cinema.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:38 am

Last night a few friends and I sat down to watch some awful B-movies... I honestly don't even remember the names with the exception of one, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. It hurts my brain just thinking of it!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby TSR » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:52 am

TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Looks pretty slick!

Seems like their 3rd go at the Hulk hasn't improved much though. Oh well.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 pm

it was too short a shot for me to get technical on the merits of the hulk, but the rest looked ok... not sure about the very "ultimates" looking thor costume, but whatev. me excited!!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room