Cinematic Confabulation v2

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Cinematic Confabulation v2

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 am

I'd also definitely buy Dusk Til Dawn figs.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 am

GECKO BROTHERS FTW BRA!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Toygiant » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I'd also definitely buy Dusk Til Dawn figs.

Yeah, especially the Salma Hayak! :eek: :twisted: :love:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby SilntAngl5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Red (w/ Bruce Willis) was awesome. If you haven't seen it, do it nao!!!! :cool:
"EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY!"Image
SilntAngl5
Captain Mrs. Admirastrator
Captain Mrs. Admirastrator

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:51 am

I've been wanting to see it, the casting looks fun as heck.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Tekwych » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Gaiman Scripting ‘Journey to the West’
Chinese TV Producer Zhang Jizhong has signed Neil Gaiman to write the screenplay for a $300 million adaptation of the classic Ming Dynasty novel Journey to the West. James Cameron will provide advice on both scripting and technical matters since the film will be shot in 3D. The aim is to create the first true crossover Sino-Western epic. 

Variety is reporting that the film will be made in China to take advantage of the spectacular locations and lower production costs, but it will be shot in English with a cast of Western and Chinese actors.  Guillermo del Toro is interested in directing, but wants to see the script first.

Journey to the West is one of the four classic novels of Chinese literature. It is a fictionalized account of a legendary pilgrimage to India by a Buddhist monk (Xuanzang), though the novel’s loose structure contains many disparate elements that are loosely tied together in the picaresque format of a journey. The first seven chapters detail the early exploits of the Monkey King Sun Wukong, who becomes the most intelligent and violent of Xuanzang’s four disciples. Together the five undertake a journey to retrieve the Buddhist Sutras that are the keys to enlightenment.

Journey to the West has been adapted into movies and TV series many times, most recently as The Forbidden Kingdom in 2008 that featured Jet Li as the Monkey King, and Journey to the West in 2010, which starred Stephen Chow and Zhang Yuqi. Among the many manga and anime adaptations are Akira Toriyama’s Dragon Ball manga, a loose adaptation (Sun Wukong became Son Goku and the Sutras became the seven Dragon Balls), while Kazuya Minekura’s Saiyuki was a bishonen (good looking guys) version of the saga.

Having Gaiman (Stardust, The Graveyard, Sandman) attached to the project is a definite coup for Zhang Jizhong in his quest to create the a viable East/West crossover epic with the potential to be a worldwide hit.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm

that's going to be cool and the gang.

i watched "easy a" last week, and i must say... emma stone MIGHT be a leading lady someday... but it ain't now, and it sure as hell wasn't that movie.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Toygiant » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 am

I really liked Easy A and definatly see Emma Stone being a leading lady someday (with the right role). Watched Zombieland for the first time since seeing it in theaters. Still a great movie! (And, although Emma Stone is 'cute' by all rights, she's just plain hot in ZL. :twisted: )

By the way, I highly recommend the (Acadamy Award Nominated) documentary, Exit Through the Gift Shop. If you like street art, giving "the man" the middle finger, or big ol' scoops of irony, check it out. I loved it! I felt a lot of paralells from what the artits are doing in the film to what I'm involved in now.

Here's the synopsis on the official website: http://www.banksyfilm.com/synopsis.html?reload
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Toygiant wrote:I really liked Easy A and definatly see Emma Stone being a leading lady someday (with the right role). Watched Zombieland for the first time since seeing it in theaters. Still a great movie! (And, although Emma Stone is 'cute' by all rights, she's just plain hot in ZL. :twisted: )

By the way, I highly recommend the (Acadamy Award Nominated) documentary, Exit Through the Gift Shop. If you like street art, giving "the man" the middle finger, or big ol' scoops of irony, check it out. I loved it! I felt a lot of paralells from what the artits are doing in the film to what I'm involved in now.

Here's the synopsis on the official website: http://www.banksyfilm.com/synopsis.html?reload

really, you liked easy A? i was bored so bad i almost shut if off twice.

that said, ETtGS is a film i've been recommended by more than one person... i guess i better get on watching that one, eh? [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby manekochan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 pm

I liked Easy A. We saw it at the theater. I thought it was cute and was surprised at how well written and fun it was. Over the past few years I've been really disliking high school movies. I was glad to see one that worked for me.
Exit Through the Giftshop is wonderful. I loved it. It's on Netflix instantwatch right now, too.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room