February 1st, 2010
1. SilntAngl asks: Has Mattel given any thought to selling the Super Powers version of the DCUC stand in packs on MattyCollector? They look sharp packaged with the upcoming SP figures, but I can think of around thirty other figures that would look great on those stands!
That is a great idea and we’ll look into it as a running change for the stands!
2. Mr. Rant asks: How tall is the collect & connect Trigon?
3. Manekochan asks: What other DCSH figures would you like to see upscaled into DCUC Collect & Connects besides Darkseid?
Doomsday and Bane come to mind.
4. Vault asks: We know that the Green Lantern movie line is a ways away but is there anything you can share about early plans now? Is Mattel thinking big with a multiple scale onslaught or a more tailored (possibly DCUC compatible) line?
You’ll see both kid and collector scaled figures in the summer of 2011! Toy Guru is heading up what will be a fantastic line!
5. Noisy asks: Of all the figures released so far, Gentlemen Ghost is easily on of the hardest to obtain. Many collectors are still without a complete Giganta almost a year after she was first released. Does Mattel look at secondhand prices or fan feedback when choosing WGSH? Can Gentlemen Ghost expect to see reissue? Or perhaps short-haired Aquaman, another difficult figure that hasn’t seen a reissue in two years.
The All-Star figures are actually not aimed at collectors. The re-releases are aimed at kids and moms who are just learning about the top characters, and looking to obtaining them. Although Gentleman Ghost was a quick sell-out to collectors, he isn’t popular enough with a larger audience to warrant bringing him back quite yet. We have heard the feedback and will look at a way of getting him to fans in time. Look what we did with Man-Bat after all!
|Ask Mattel Around the Web: